Lightweight, waterproof, form-fitting comfort, USB rechargeable and multi-purpose optics. The future of headlamps is here.
Top 12 Features of the Bilby
- Powerful: The Bilby produces a seriously powerful 400 lumens of light output, providing enough light for the most serious outdoor user in the most demanding of outdoor scenarios.
- Long Battery Life: Providing over 5 hours of use on its highest setting, and over 90 hours on its lowest setting. With the Bilby you’ll never be caught short.
- Lightweight: Weighing in at just 90 grams is unbelievably light for any headlamp, but when you consider the Bilby’s power output to weight ratio, it extraordinary. The Bilby is so lightweight and comfortable, it easy to forget you are wearing a headlamp at all.
- Streamlined: Our strap and housing are made from one piece of silicone, making the Bilby perfectly balanced, ultra-comfortable and beautifully contoured.
- Adjustable Brightness: We know that everyone has their own preference when it comes to brightness of headlamp beam, so within the 6 modes available on the Bilby, you are able to choose from 4 levels of brightness.
- Multiple Lighting Options: We designed the Bilby to give the user multiple different lighting options to cover all user scenarios. The Bilby comes with 5 different LED settings as standard including: Spot, Mid, Wide angle, Reading and Red Night light.
- Boost Mode: The Bilby features a special boost mode that allows a user to get 10 minutes of boosted power output at the touch of a button, regardless of how much battery life is remaining. The function is perfect for a user needing an instant boost of light.
- USB Rechargeable: Pop out the light pod, and simply plug into any standard USB to recharge. No cables, no batteries, no fuss. A full recharge is achieved within 4 hours from flat. The Bilby’s rechargeable pod saves the user from buying 1144 disposable batteries over its lifetime.
- Fully Customizable: Using Knog’s unique and simple to use modemaker app, allows users to fully customise this headlamp. Allowing users to choses which modes the Bilby uses and in which order they are operated.
- Medical-Grade Silicone: Knog knows silicone and its benefit’s better than other brands, having utilised its many benefits for over 13 years. Silicone is the perfect material for use in a headlamp as it: will not lose it elasticity, will not tangle your hair and will not become odorous when wet. Silicone is easy to clean, temperature resistant and extremely hard wearing, making it perfect for use outdoors in any conditions.
- Toggle Clip: Adjusting the size of the Bilby is easy. Simply angle the toggle up, move the strap to your desired size and angle the toggle down, it’s as simple as that.
- Waterproof: The Bilby has a waterproof rating of IP67, which allows the headlamp to submerged in up to a meter’s depth of water for a period of 30 mins. With the Bilby you’ll never need to worry about getting your headlamp wet.
Unboring things. This is our design philosophy. Whether it’s inventing tech for the outdoor market, or just Friday afternoon drinks, it’s never dull here. “Here” is usually Melbourne, Australia. But it’s also Sydney, San Fran, Plymouth, Bogota, Munich, Paris, Osaka…wherever we happen to be meeting other outdoorsy customers. Since 2002, we’ve been redefining the relationship between form and function. It’s not a zero sum game. In short, if something looks beautiful on the outside, its creators have probably given the same care and attention to its insides. Well, we have anyway.